ReStore's eclectic mix of unique merchandise is made possible from your generous contributions. We accept donations at our ReStore during regular business hours. ReStore also provides a free pickup service for heavy items. To schedule a pick up appointment, call (336) 893-8494. Pick-up schedules will vary depending on request volume. Thank you for your donation and support as proceeds from ReStore helps fund homes for more hardworking families.
Donation Items We Gladly Accept
- Appliances - We accept electric appliances less than seven years old. They must be clean and in 100% working order with no missing parts. Please include owner's manuals if you have them, as they add value to your donation.
- Bed Frames and rails
- Doors - We accept doors in GOOD condition. They must not have holes, cracks, rot, etc.
- Electrical -We accept most electrical parts, wires, plugs, plates and the hardware associated with electrical wiring.
- Flooring material - We accept tile, hardwood, and vinyl. We will accept only new carpet. Minimum of 100 sq. ft.
- Furniture -All furniture must be in good condition, no rips, tears or stains.
- Hardware - We accept hardware for doors, cabinets, gates, etc.
- Kitchen Cabinets & Vanities - Up-to-date and not damaged. They must have doors, shelving, display racks, etc.
- Lighting - We accept most light fixtures. We do not accept fluorescent bulbs and fixtures.
- Lumber • Plywood • Sheetrock • Trim - We accept full and1/2 sheets of plywood. We accept full lengths of lumber. We will accept trim in smaller pieces, but not less than 6-feet long. Please, no rot or nails.
- Mattresses and box springs – In good condition with no tears or stains.
- Miscellaneous - Domestic/home framed artwork, area rugs (must be free of stains and odors), decorative accent items, collectibles, antiques.
- Office Furniture -We take credenzas, file cabinets, desks and chairs.
- Paint - Full cans of water base paint only.
- Roofing Material - We accept all types of roofing material such as rolled roofing material, metal roofing, and full bundles of new shingles.
- Tubs • Sinks • Toilets – Tubs, shower bases, faucets, and sinks (no used plumbing) and vanities if they are in good condition and clean. We accept commodes but they cannot be cracked and must be very clean!!
- TVs- flat screens only.
- Tools - We accept all hand and power tools in working condition.
- Windows - We accept windows that are not broken.
Final approval of all items is at the discretion of the donation pick-up driver and Habitat ReStore staff. Drivers and staff reserve the right to refuse materials based on current inventory and the item’s condition. ReStore staff can be contacted at 336-985-3211 x 104 or contact the donations manager at 336-985-3211 x 105.
Donation Items We Can Not Accept
Unfortunately, the Habitat ReStore can not accept the following items for donation. Thank you for your understanding.
- Carpet pads
- Fabrics - clothing, curtains, and bedding
- Hot water heaters
- Electronic equipment – Computers, VCRs, batteries, or personal care items such as electric razors, electric curlers or curling irons
- Exercise equipment
- Hazardous or highly flammable materials - such as oil base paint, varnish, shellac, lacquer, paint thinner, etc.
- Infant car seats and infant-related accessories
- Items in need of repair
- Mirrors and glass without frames
- Old lumber and scrap
- Pianos and other musical instruments
- Storm windows without the window
- Televisions older than 5 years
- Textbooks and technical materials
- Partial/used cans of paint
- PVC pipe
- Pieces of carpet
- Medical equipment- walkers, medical beds, wheel chairs, canes, etc.
To schedule a pick up appointment, call (336) 893-8494.